Plan a Visit
Naropa University is unlike any other college or university in the country offering
a radically individualized education that allows you to not only explore your deepest
passions but also your most profound self.
Is Naropa part of your path? Visit and see.
Tips for visiting Naropa
Because we pride ourselves on the individualized education we offer, we can customize
your visit to your personal and academic interests.
Here are some ways we can personalize your Naropa visit:
- Attend a class in your major.
- Meet with a faculty member in your field.
- Attend an information session with admissions and financial aid counselors.
- Tour Naropa.
Ways to Experience Naropa
Tours, Information Sessions, and Experience Naropa Days
- Information Sessions
Available in-person and by phone, this is a great one-on-one opportunity to get questions
answered and learn more about academic offerings and other considerations such as
life in Boulder and paying for school.
Please contact our events and visitation coordinator to learn more.
- Campus Tours
Guided tours are available at all three Naropa campuses, lasting between twenty and
- Arapahoe Campus: Home of Naropa College, The Department of Contemplative Psychology, The Department of Contemplative
Education, The Department of Environmental Studies, the Department of Wisdom Traditions,
and the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies. Guided tours available Monday–Friday at 1 p.m.
- Paramita Campus: Home of the Graduate School of Counseling & Psychology. Guided tours available Fridays
at 3:30 p.m.
- Nalanda Campus: Home of the School of the Arts, including the Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied
Poetics. Guided tours available Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m.
Please fill out this form or contact our events and visitation coordinator to learn more.
- EXPERIENCE NAROPA OPEN HOUSE
Spend the day on campus attending sample classes, meeting faculty, students, and other
community members and discovering the beauty and benefits of contemplative education.
Optional campus tours of Paramita and Arapahoe are available before the event.
Top 10 Reasons to visit Naropa
- Because #snowboarding, #hiking, #climbing, #kayaking, #cycling.
- Because Boulder, Colorado, is an iconic college town filled with artists, seekers,
extreme athletes, visionaries, entrepreneurs, techies, professors, and characters
of all types.
- Because you will have the chance to experience the remarkable community that is Naropa.
- Because in Boulder you can’t swing a mala without hitting a yoga studio.
- Because on any given day you can eat vegan, paleo, locovore, gluten-free, organic,
Nepalese, Mexican, Italian, Vietnamese, Thai, Argentine, Creole, Japanese…should we
- Because the views of the Flatirons will melt your heart.
- Because you will meet people whose lives have been transformed.
- Because you can get a fair trade espresso, like, everywhere.
- Because the weather. Seriously. 300 annual days of sunshine.
- Because this may just be the place where you will find your authentic self.