Accepted Student Next Steps
Only once all of the below requirements have been submitted will Naropa issue you the form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status) so you can begin the process of applying for your student visa. Because visa appointment wait times vary greatly from country to country, we encourage international students to begin discussing the visa process with their Admissions Counselor as soon as possible.
FINANCIAL AID FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- The $250 Confirmation Deposit. The deposit confirms your intent to enroll at Naropa and reserves your place in the program. Deposits are submitted via your application account.
- A copy of a valid passport. If you will be accompanied by any dependents, please provide copies of each dependent’s passport.
- Any outstanding admissions requirements, such as official transcripts or transcript evaluations.
- Proof of Finances. See righthand column.
Proof of Finances
International students must show proof of having the finances to cover one year of the program. Additional finances are required for each dependent.
International students must submit documentation of sufficient funding for the first academic year. Documents should be in English and must be no more than three months old.
Documentation must show the ability to pay both tuition and living expenses as estimated by Naropa University. This can be in the form of:
- A personal bank statement in the student’s name
- Documentation from a sponsor, including both the sponsor’s bank statement and the source of funds statement
- Naropa financial aid
- Government or private foundation sponsorship documentation, including a letter from the sponsor confirming support and stating the amount of aid
International students enrolling at Naropa in the 2023–24 academic year are required to show proof of the following amounts:
|Creative Writing & Poetics||$48,886|
|Master of Divinity||$52,656|
|Transpersonal Art Therapy||$45,888|
| Contemplative Psychotherapy|
& Buddhist Psychology
|Somatic Body Psychotherapy||$45,888|
|Somatic Dance/Movement Therapy||$46,888|
|Transpersonal Wilderness Therapy||$47,888|
If you have dependents, you’ll need to document an additional amount of funding:
- $9,721 for a spouse
- $7,291 for each dependent
In addition, the Admissions Office will need the following information on each dependent:
- First and last name
- Birth date
- Country of birth
- Country of citizenship