A Transfer-Friendly University
Seventy-eight percent of our undergraduate students began their college journey at another institution and came to Naropa as transfer students. Our transfer-friendly university offers small class sizes and a commitment to helping you find your true self. Here, you’ll find connection and belonging without getting lost in the crowd.
If you haven’t yet found a meaningful education that will develop you both personally and professionally, Naropa welcomes you.
Regardless of when you completed your credits or which type of accredited institution you attended, our transfer-friendly policies ensure that you get the maximum credit for your prior experience.
Naropa by the Numbers—
*Data based on Fall ’23 enrollment.
of undergrads are transfer students
We value the time you’ve already put in at your previous academic institutions. Our Transfer Student Guarantee provides financial and advisory aid to all transfer students. All students with 12 or more transferrable post-high school credits and a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher will receive the following aid:
- $5,000 Transfer Scholarship
- A campus visit customized to your needs and interests
- No hidden course fees
- Free transfer evaluation to help you transfer credits
- Pre-registration advising
- Ability to transfer up to 30 credits from career or vocational training
- Ability to transfer up to 75 university credits
- Open admissions for a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Access to housing in Boulder, CO
- RTD bus pass
As an undergraduate transfer student, you’re eligible to transfer up to 75 semester credits to Naropa. Consider our transfer credit policies:
- Coursework must be for-credit, college-level, and completed with a “C” or higher.
- Credits must be earned from regionally accredited colleges and institutions accredited by agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- A maximum of 18 transfer credits can be applied toward most BA major requirements.
- A maximum of 30 technical/vocational credits can be transferred.
- To convert quarter credits into Naropa semester credits, multiply the quarter credit number by 0.67. Naropa does not accept any credit under 0.5.
- A maximum of 30 semester credits may be earned through a combination of the Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) exams.
- We accept College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) and Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) exams. However, life experience does not count as college credit.
- For questions about transferring credit from exams or international coursework, fill out our transfer evaluation or get in touch with a counselor.