Graduate Assistantships are a form of employment with the university. Graduate students selected for a GA position will receive a scholarship that is applied directly to their tuition bill, as well as a stipend, which is paid monthly to the student. GA’s are not need-based; however, students must fill out an aid application.
How to Apply
- Students are required to apply for GA positions through Naropa's online employment application (to be announced soon).
- A link to Naropa's online employment application is included in each GA position description.
- Be sure to attach any required documents to your online application (i.e. resume).
- Students will be notified if they have been selected for a GA position.
- Students can apply for an assistantship if they haven't been accepted into Naropa; however, students must be accepted before we can offer them a GA award.
- Students must be enrolled in at least six credit hours (all credits must count towards minimum number of credits needed to graduate) during any semester they may hold a GA position.
- Returning students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- All students must submit an aid application (FAFSA for US citizens and eligible non-citizens, Financial Aid Application for International Students for international students).
- Receiving more than one institutional form of aid (including a GA) could affect your eligibility for, or the amounts of, other forms of aid, including scholarship awards.
- If you are awarded a GA and you have already requested the maximum in the Grad PLUS Loan, we will need to reduce the Grad PLUS loan to make room for the GA award.
COMPLETE THE NEW HIRE PROCESS
- Human Resources will email New Hire paperwork to the student.
- Students who are selected for an assistantship must complete Naropa's new hire process before they can begin working in their position.
- We cannot apply your GA awards to your account until the new hire process is complete.
- Students who are hired within two years of their last date of employment (i.e. work-study or a GA position) do not need to complete new hire paperwork.
GA Scholarships & Stipend
Students who are selected for a GA position will receive a GA scholarship that will be applied directly to their tuition bill, as well as a stipend. GA award amounts are based on the number of required hours of work each week.
For the 2022-2023 academic year, the award amounts are as follows:
- 10 hrs/week: $3,975 stipend and $4,500 scholarship for the academic year
- 7.5 hrs/week: $2,982 stipend and $3,375 scholarship for the academic year
- 5 hrs/week: $1,988 stipend and $2,250 scholarship for the academic year
- Housing & Residence Life
- Alternative Ways to Attend Naropa
- Meet the Admissions Team
- Request Information
- Confidential Reporting