Three-Year Hybrid Program
First Year Required Intensive Dates, 2020/2021
(New dates will be announced soon for Spring, Summer & Fall 2021 Intensives)
The program format is approximately 50% online and 50% intensives. The 3-day Intensives
will now be virutal. Tentative dates for the required intensives at Naropa:
Student Starting in Spring 2021 Semester:
- One day orientation January 9th
- The 3-day intensive for the incoming Spring cohort: Online, Jan 22 – 24
- The 6-day intensive will be split into two, 3-day intensives: Online, April 9, 10
11 and April 16, 17, 18.
*Note: the majority of intensives are done at Naropa.
- Human Growth and Development
- Psychology of Meditation: Mindfulness Training
- Social & Multicultural Foundations
- Diagnostic Psychopathology
see all courses
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students demonstrate knowledge of core counseling curriculum.
- Students demonstrate proficiency in clinical counseling skills.
- Students demonstrate professional competence in counseling.
- Students demonstrate mindfulness skills in the context of counseling including present
moment awareness, non-judgment and compassionate interest in details of physical sensations,
emotions and thoughts.
- Students demonstrate familiarity with several models of Transpersonal Psychology and
their applications to counseling, including multicultural considerations.
- Students demonstrate increased knowledge, presence, warmth, and skill regarding their
utilization of awareness, choice, contact, and authenticity in the Gestalt approach
to mindfulness-based transpersonal counseling.