About the Minor
Mindful Teaching through Contemplative Education
There are other programs that teach mindfulness, but Naropa University is the only school in the nation that bases its entire curriculum on mindful, contemplative education.
As a result, you will learn contemplative methods and transform your life with contemplative practice.
- Engage in rigorous academics
- Gain the skills, self-awareness, and resiliency needed in the classroom or any work environment
- Integrate the best practices of Western teaching and learn the wisdom and groundednessof Eastern traditions to prepare to for the complex needs of a diverse classroom
- Deepen your cultural responsiveness by embracing the dynamics of difference
- Explore holistic education traditions
- Deepen your compassion through challenging, thoughtful practices
- Relate on a deeper level with others
- Develop a deep connection with faculty invested in your success and well-being