If you are interested or have questions about on-campus housing, please email inquiries to Stephan Fitzgerald Taylor, the Coordinator of Residence Life and Student Housing.
The mission of Naropa University housing is to provide a healthy, sustainable, contemplative and compassionate community where students are supported and holistically engaged. Naropa’s residential educational programming strives to provide academic support through co-curricular activities, creating an intersection between formal instruction, the community, and the world. The residence hall is a place where learning comes alive!
Residence Staff Life
Five staff members live on-site: four Resident Community Advisors and the Coordinator of Residence Life and Student Housing. A staff person is "on-duty" and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please don't be afraid to use the resources we have at Naropa for your well-being and personal growth. We also have a work studies stationed at both Snow Lion and 2333 Arapahoe Avenue available to answer questions and help you during the day.
Programs are events that are held for students that meet their personal, social and educational needs.
- Develop communities that are safe, supportive and diverse
- Create environments that foster the success of students
- To introduce students to practical skills that will sustain autonomy and interdependence
- Actively support the staff who live and work in university housing
- Foster meaningful campus & civic engagement
- Foster human development and growth through contemplative self-disciplines, goal setting, support and mentorship
- Empower students to reflect and work on understanding how cultural biases, perspectives, and backgrounds affect the way they function in their roles and relationships in community environments
- Offer leadership opportunities to students through Resident Assistant positions
- To help students understand the concept of interdependence & develop an awareness of community living principles
Snow Lion housing is apartment style; these are not old-fashioned dorm rooms! All apartments come with a full kitchen, fully furnished living areas and bedrooms, plenty of closet space, access to an open courtyard, and wireless internet. The complex also includes free off-street parking, a laundry facility (included in your fees), a small community meeting space and a meditation room. First-year students are required to live on campus, while upperclass and graduate students are welcome to live on campus. Please keep in mind that required students are given first priority. Snow Lion is located four residential blocks from the 2130 Arapahoe Campus.
2333 Arapahoe housing is a traditional style facility. The rooms offered are a limited number of private and shared rooms. Within this facility is a huge communal kitchen with a dining room, lounging area, and lockers for each student. The complex includes a limited number of free parking spots, a laundry room, wireless internet, and a programming/community space. 2333 Arapahoe is located approximately two residential blocks from the 2130 Arapahoe Campus.
Naropa's Snow Lion Apartments