Student Veteran Benefits
Naropa University is approved by the Colorado Office of Veterans Education and Training (COVET) for Veterans Education Benefits. Veterans should request information on eligibility requirements and application procedures from the Financial Aid Office or from their local Veterans’ Administration branch.
Yellow Ribbon Program
As a part of participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program, Naropa University offers a matching grant to students eligible for 100% of VA Chapter 33 Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® benefits. Under this program, Naropa is able to provide this form of funding for up to 50 students, up to $10,000/year.
Students eligible for any form of VA Education Benefits should notify the School Certifying Official team at email@example.com to ensure timely certification of benefits.
VA Education Benefit Checklist
- Online: https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/
- Call/By Mail: 888-442-4551, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET, to request that we send the application to you. Fill it out and mail it to the VA regional claims processing office.
- In person: Go to a VA regional office and have a VA employee help you
- Proof of Eligibility – After the above application has processed with the VA, you will receive a new Certificate of Eligibility letter. The C.O.E. will detail the percentage of benefits you are eligible to receive through the VA. Once received, please upload a copy to us. However, it may take a while for the VA to issue the Certificate of Eligibility Letter to you so you may send us an eBenefits print out of entitlement information, as a placeholder.
- ALL Previous Education Transcripts – The VA requires all education transcripts to be reviewed, even if VA benefits were not being used at the time and/or you feel that the courses would not be relevant.
- Joint Service Transcripts (JST) – This is only a requirement for Veterans, not for Chapter 35 recipients or individuals using Transfer of Entitlement (ToE).
- Joint Service Transcripts can be requested at https://jst.doded.mil/ for all military branches except Air Force. Air Force personnel should contact CCAF to receive transcripts.
- Meet with your academic advisor – It is essential to meet with your advisor before registration each semester to review degree progress and build your course schedule.
- Register for courses – VA education benefits will only cover courses that are required for degree completion. If you plan to take a course that is not required for your degree, you MUST notify the SCO and you may be responsible for paying for the course out of pocket.
- Notify SCO that enrollment is ready to certify – Your enrollment will not be submitted to the VA until this step has been completed.
- Report any changes to the SCO immediately – If your course schedule or enrollment level changes, you are required to notify the SCO immediately (within 72 hours).
- Enrollment Reported – The SCO will certify your courses with the VA once all required information is received.
- The SCO will perform a secondary certification once the add/drop period has ended, to request tuition and fees. Please keep in mind that it normally takes anywhere from 4-8 weeks for the VA to fully process and make payment after the enrollment has been sent.
- Any changes to your schedule/enrollment level after the beginning of the term may create a debt to the VA. If a tuition and fee debt is created, Naropa will initially return the fund to the VA, but you will be responsible for any balance this creates on your student account.
Please submit your Proof of Eligibility documents:
- Upload your documents to the MyNaropa document upload portal or FAX to 303-546-3536