The purpose of the President's Cabinet at Naropa University is to be an executive management body that provides informed, effective and responsive leadership for the university. The cabinet shall advise the president on such matters as university-wide policy, establishment of priorities, and the evaluation and creation of institutional objectives on matters of broad significance and strategic relevance to the university. The cabinet's responsibility also includes the following:
- Ensuring that timely, accountable progress is made toward the strategic goals and objectives of Naropa
- Cultivating a contemplative institutional climate that reflects integrity, openness, responsiveness, and accountability
- Safeguarding the university's financial, legal, and reputational integrity
- Establishing ethical standards and appropriate institution-wide performance expectations;
- Evaluating matters that have long-term, broad institutional consequences—e.g., affects the university's reputation, strategic planning goals/objectives, financial viability, etc.
The cabinet reports to the president, who has the ultimate decision-making authority. The cabinet's ultimate purpose is to further the mission of the university. The cabinet serves as an advisory body to the president on all areas related to the university programs and operations. The cabinet provides a forum for discussing institutional strategy and issues. The cabinet reviews the University's progress in meeting articulated goals.
Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Vice President for Business Affairs and Chief Financial Officer
Carol A. Blackshire-Belay, PhD
Interim Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs