Looking for information about the Student Counseling Center? Please visit the Student Counseling Center.
Community Counseling Center
Serving community through affordable access
Naropa Community Counseling integrates contemplative approaches with modern clinical
practice to assist our clients in reaching their highest level of emotional and mental
well-being. We provide cutting edge, transformative intervention across a broad range
of therapeutic services. Naropa Community Counseling serves Boulder and Front Range
residents with low to moderate income, with sliding scale services from $30–90.
Ideal for those interested in contemplative and mindful healing
- Somatic therapy: Focusing on the body's role in transforming behavior, integrating body awareness
and movement with counseling skills.
- Contemplative therapy: Merging in-depth training in cultivating mindfulness and compassion with therapeutic
- Transpersonal therapy: Reconnecting the spiritual dimensions of human experience with traditional theoretical
- Art therapy: Using art and the creative process to enter into an authentic relationship with
self, other, process, and product.
- Wilderness therapy: Integrating therapy with experiential and nature-based wisdom.
- Equine therapy: Working with horses to promote physical, emotional, and occupational health.
- Create effective change: Our interns are trained in stages of change/motivational interviewing, and are ready
to help you make positive changes in your life.
- Referrals: If an initial evaluation reveals that your needs would be better served elsewhere,
we will provide referrals to local therapists and resources.
Client-centered and wellness-informed model
- Our focus begins and ends with the needs of each client.
- Treatment plans are reviewed by the director, and evaluated at least every six months.
- As a wellness-informed model, we specialize in treatment of depression, anxiety, trauma,
bereavement, and adjustment issues.
- Group and individual services are available.
How To Make An Appointment
- Naropa Community Counseling is located at 3400 Table Mesa Drive, Boulder. We’re open
Monday–Thursday, 9 a.m.–8 p.m., and Friday, 9 a.m.–6 p.m. You can reach us by phone
at 303-546-3589 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please call or email to set up an initial evaluation.
- Please note that Naropa students can contact either Naropa’s on-campus Student Counseling Center or Community Counseling Service for any therapeutic needs.
Scope of Service
As a counseling center that largely employs graduate interns to provide individual
and group services to clients, we are limited in the appropriate scope of our service
and practice. Every client will receive an initial evaluation by interns resulting
in recommendations for best treatment which are then reviewed by licensed staff.
We provide exceptional counseling services that are rooted in mindfulness. With compassionate
presence and wisdom, we support the diversity, health and well-being of students and
the local community.
Our counselors are well trained in the integration of innovative, contemplative, creative
and traditional methods of counseling.