2021-22 Naropa University student insurance plan for full-time undergraduates & international students only
Naropa University is pleased to offer our students the opportunity to enroll in an affordable, comprehensive health insurance for the 2021-22 policy year. The plan features:
- Fully compliant with the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Unlimited policy year maximum
- Annual deductibles: $250 per insured person per policy year In-Network;
- In-Network physician’s office visits covered at 100% preferred allowance after a $25 copayment per visit
- In-Network services generally covered at 80% preferred allowance
- Prescription drug coverage with low copayments: $25 generic, $45 brand name, $60 non-preferred brand name
In order to waive the Naropa University Student Health Insurance Plan, your private health insurance must provide comparable coverage. This means your plan needs to have doctors and hospitals in Boulder, Colorado; cover you for services beyond emergency care which includes pharmacy, physician visits, mental health, surgery, diagnostic testing, maternity, preventive services; and does not have a high deductible. The insurance company must be based in the United States. International policies are not accepted. Your Plan must cover you from August 1, 2021 to July 31, 2022.
For a complete description of the benefits available, limitations and exclusions please visit www.gallagherstudent.com/naropa. Or please call 844-484-0091
All registered full-time undergraduate students are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan. If you are currently insured by a plan that provides comparable coverage, you can waive enrollment.
How much does it cost?
2/1 - 7/31
|Student||$ 1252||$ 1237|
|Spouse||$ 1247||$ 1232|
|Child||$ 1247||$ 1232|
|2 or more children||$ 3741||$ 2464|
*A nominal, non-refundable processing fee applies.
The deadline to submit a waiver form is February 4, 2022*
Not all plans are considered comparable, such as out-of-state Medicaid plans, certain HMOs and managed care plans.
Be sure your current insurance plan provides coverage and access to providers in Boulder, Colorado before waiving coverage.
Online Waiver Process
To waive the Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2021-2022 policy year:
- Log on to: www.gallagherstudent.com/naropa
- Click on "Student Waiver/Enroll"
- Log in. Your user name is your Naropa University email address. The first time you log in, your temporary password will be your student ID number. You will be required to change your password the first time you log in.
- Complete the decision form:
- If waiving coverage, have your current health insurance ID card ready as you will need this information in order to complete the waiver portion of the decision form. You will be asked to review the information provided and click ‘submit’ to complete the process. Immediately upon submitting your Online Form you will receive a reference number. Please note and keep this information in your files.
- If enrolling, please complete the requested information. Your ID card will be available online 7-10 business days after your eligibility has been confirmed.
For more information, visit www.gallagherstudent.com/naropa.
*If a form is not submitted by the deadline, you will remain enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan for the entire policy year.
Questions? Contact Gallagher Student Health toll free 844-484-0091
Other Health Insurance Options
Purchasing a Health Plan as an Individual
As a student you could be eligible to enroll in the Colorado Health Exchange with possible subsidies that are based on your income level. Here is the link for the Colorado exchange: http://connectforhealthco.com/. Please know that the Gallagher plan for Naropa students does allow the full benefits to be used in any state in the U.S. while the Colorado health exchange will only cover emergency services out of Colorado.
Life at Naropa