Recycling and Zero Waste
- Composting bins at all campuses in all common areas
- 100% of landscaping waste is either composted on-site or locally
- On-site compost is returned to the campus as fertilizer
- All Snow Lion residents are provided with kitchen composting bins
- The Naropa Cafés, operated by the local non-profit organization Bridge House, either compost what little food waste they produce or use the unbought food to feed the homeless population at their main kitchen location off-campus
Naropa Seed Library
Visit the Naropa Seed Library and start planting today. Located in the SUN Office on the Arapahoe Campus (near the cafe).
The Seed Library is located just off the Pamela Krasney Pavilion in the Student Union of Naropa (SUN) office. After selecting your seed packets, we’ll ask you to fill out a short and simple form.
You don’t need to “check out” the seeds like you would check out a library book. Take what you need, fill out the form, plant your garden, and come back for more.
Our Seed Library is a lending library, so happily accept donations from “open-pollinated, heirloom, and/or locally-saved seeds.”
The seeds in our collection are easy to grow and great for beginners. They’re also seasonal and replenished regularly throughout the semester.
Zero Waste Training at Naropa
As part of compliance with the new Zero Waste Ordinance in Boulder County, the Office for Sustainability and Eco-Cycle staff offer regular zero waste trainings for staff, faculty and students. For more information or to schedule a zero waste training for your class or department, please email firstname.lastname@example.org