Congratulations Class of 2021!
While we know this academic year required adaptability and flexibility from everyone within our community, we applaud you on crossing this threshold and completing your degrees and programs. You should be incredibly proud of not only your work to get to this moment but also for your tremendous resiliency and spirit in navigating the pandemic and events in our world this past year. We were reminded throughout this pandemic of the power of community and coming together as Naropians.
We are beyond excited to celebrate you and your many accomplishments and memories. We wish you well and much success as you set forth from this moment into the world of possibilities that await you.
Here are some tips on how to celebrate this tremendous accomplishment:
Photos to Look Back On
Consider taking a graduation photo(s). Graduates will receive their Naropa graduation sash and diploma later in the summer following degree conferral, but you are welcome to visit campus to take photos at popular outdoor landmarks. If you are currently out of state or the country, we have prepared a few backgrounds you can utilize to “drop” yourself into to remember your time at Naropa. You can use Photoshop or if you aren’t as tech savvy, you can use them as Zoom backgrounds and then take a screenshot of yourself to capture an image. Download the images here.
Something Special on Top
Many Naropa students in the past have opted to create their own flower crowns to mark their graduation. There are many tutorials online, including this one on how you can make your own flower crown!
Share with Friends & Family
Want to share on your social media that you are graduating or celebrating a special graduate in your life? We have created social media assets you can access here to add some Naropa flavor to your social media spaces. Be sure to use the hashtag #naropagrads2021 when posting! Download the graphics here.
- Sharable graphics
- Facebook Profile Picture Frames (Click ‘Add Frame’ when updating your profile picture on Facebook and search ‘Naropa’ to access the frames. You can also download them to upload them to Facebook yourself here.)
- Stories (Upload them into your Facebook and/or Instagram Stories, and use the text feature to write your own messages and well wishes on them!)
- Sharable graphics
Friends, family, faculty, staff, and fellow graduates: please share your messages and love with the class of 2021! Share a message of encouragement and congratulations with our graduates today! Do not forget to sign your name to your message.
Watch the Ceremony Together
Hosting a virtual watch party with friends and loved ones? (Learn about how to host a virtual watch party on YouTube with the YouTube Party Chrome Extension) Here are some helpful tips and resources to help celebrate!
- You can watch the virtual commencement at 11:00am on May 8th, 2021 (MDT) available at on Naropa’s YouTube Channel and Facebook Page. Note: The Facebook video link will not be available until the live stream begins but can be found by going to Naropa’s main Facebook page.
- The ceremony will also be available to watch on-demand following the live stream on both YouTube and Facebook.
- We have created fun photo props to attach to popsicle sticks that you can download and print off to assemble here.
- During a virtual watch party or Commencement celebration, you can utilize these Naropa-themed backgrounds to share your love for your time at Naropa or to celebrate a special graduate in your life. Download the Zoom backgrounds here.