Over the last few months, several Student Success staff members have been hard at work to expand mental health and wellness resources for our students. With so much change and uncertainty in the world, and so many factors that compromise student wellbeing, we are committed to making sure that students have the support they need – any time, any place. With that goal in mind, Naropa is launching a new program, Christie Connect, to help provide online access to mental health and other resources for all students. This service is free to all currently enrolled students and is available to all students regardless of location—whether online, low-residency, or in person. Christie Connect offers a 24/7 mental health line, counseling, help navigating basic needs, and more!
Through Christie Connect, students will have access to the following:
- A 24/7/365 mental health support line (833-434-1217) for in-the-moment support from licensed mental health counselors, and connections to next steps, regardless of time of day or student location.
- Free telehealth or off campus face-to-face counseling sessions. These are available to students no matter where they are (on or off campus, in any state, or internationally) and no insurance is necessary. Students can have access to a counselor who speaks their preferred language and can opt to see a counselor of a certain identity as well. They also offer translation services and services for students who may be hearing or visually impaired.
- One-on-one personal assistance for students to help navigate any challenges or barriers students may face reaching mental health support or for other aspects of their life. This includes assistance with accessing mental health providers, specialty providers, housing and food supports, accessibilities information, and other services that will help support students’ academic success.
- Meditation and mindfulness app—Students will have access to a Headspace subscription for free. It helps students build coping and resiliency skills and offers more than 1,000 hours of mindfulness and mental well-being content.
- Self-guided online mental health & wellness program – With Silver Cloud, students learn how to manage stress. This online tool also teaches better coping skills, helps with managing emotions and more! Students even have the option to work with a coach if they prefer.
- The Wellness Hub offers articles and videos on mental health and wellness topics including: Mental and Emotional Health, Fitness and Nutrition, Academic Performance, Stress Management, Healthy Relationships and more.
We know that this has been a uniquely challenging time for all of us, and that our students have been dealing with immensely complex and stressful circumstances. If you become aware of a student who needs support, please know that these services are here for them anytime, whether they are on or off-campus. You can contribute to their well-being and their success by sharing this information with them.
In addition to Christie Connect, our Student Counseling Center will be staffed and open for in-person sessions for residential students this fall.