Frequently Asked Questions About Naropa's Annual Fund
Join Naropa University and support our mission to transform students who transform
the world. Your tax-deductible gift to Naropa allows us to continue to lead the world
in providing academic excellence through contemplative education. Every gift, no matter
the size, lays a strong foundation of support that will benefit current and future
Annual Fund FAQ
- What is the Naropa Annual Fund
The Naropa Annual Fund is a partnership between the Board of Trustees, our faculty
and staff, our alumni, our parents, and friends in the community to raise money annually
to enhance the quality of education and to increase access to Naropa's powerful education.
- What is the 2017-2018 Goal?
- $1.8 million is the goal, an impressive amount that will involve the generous support
of our Trustees, alumni, faculty and staff, parents, and friends of Naropa.
- How much should I give?
To help you determine what amount is best for your household, please look at the following
Naropa Giving Circles and gift ranges:
$25,000 Contemplative Circle
Donations to the Naropa Annual Fund have a direct and immediate impact on the advancement
of the university.
$10,000-$24,999 Wisdom Circle
$5,000-$9,999 President's Circle
$2,500-$4,999 Peace and Justice Circle
$1,000-$2,499 Founder's Circle
$500-$999 Community Circle
$250-$499 Meditation Circle
$100-$249 Service Circle
$50-$99 Friends of Naropa Circle
- Why is the Annual Fund important to Naropa?
- Naropa's immediate and long-term financial health depends on a strong Annual Fund.
Your tax-deductible gift to Naropa's Annual Fund allows us to continue to lead the
world in providing academic excellence through contemplative education.
- How does the Annual Fund utilize our gifts?
Each year, Naropa examines the school's priorities in accordance with the strategic
plan and determines how the Annual Fund might be used in these areas:
- Student Scholarships - nearly $4 million is awarded each year
- Programs and Facility Enhancements
- Academic Schools and Departments
- Faculty and Staff Professional Development
- Can I designate my gift for specific purposes other than what is listed above?
- Yes, you can designate your gift to a restricted fund or you may choose to give unrestricted
funds that allow Naropa to utilize your gift in the area of greatest need.
- Will my donation really make a difference?
- Absolutely! In fact, a dollar to Naropa goes further than a dollar to a larger institution
and can be directly tied to improving the student experience. It is vital that we
receive gifts at all levels. Foundations, corporations, and major donors care about
the breadth of support that is shown for the university. It is just as important that
more alumni, more faculty and staff, and more friends contribute toward this goal.
Any gift, large or small, is greatly appreciated, and will be acknowledged with enthusiasm
- How often will you solicit me for a donation this year?
- The Naropa Annual Fund begins a new campaign every year at the start of its fiscal
year, July 1. However, the official kick-off is in October, which begins with soliciting
contributions from Trustees, alumni, parents of current students, faculty/staff, and
friends of the school. Once you have pledged or promised an amount to the Annual Fund,
you have until June 30 to pay that amount, or you may choose to spread out your payment
over several months. We will send you periodic pledge reminders until your pledge
- Do you only accept cash gifts to the Annual Fund?
- We will happily accept gifts of securities which may have very positive tax results
for you, the donor. In addition, the Development Office would be happy to discuss
other gift options. Please contact Angela Madura, Director of Development, at 303-245-4751
or email@example.com if you have questions.
- Are gifts accepted anonymously?
- Yes, Naropa University respects any donor's wish to remain anonymous.
- Is it possible to make a gift in honor or memory of someone? How is that person or
- This is a great way to honor a loved one, be they family, faculty, staff, or former
student, while supporting Naropa University at the same time. All you need to do is
indicate who you would like to honor when you send in your gift. Be sure to also include
the person's address or email. We will happily let the honoree or their family know
of your gift—however, no amount will be revealed. Your gift will also be noted in
the school publications.
- What is your matching gift program?
- There are many companies in the Boulder-Denver area, and nationwide, who have matching
gift programs. If you (or your spouse) work for one of these companies, your donation
to the Naropa Annual Fund could more than double. Please consult your company's Human
Resources Department to secure the appropriate paperwork that can be submitted when
you send in your gift.
- Where do I send my Gift?
Please send your donation to:
2130 Arapahoe Avenue
Boulder, CO 80302