MA in Religious Studies: Indo-Tibetan Buddhism - Core Faculty
MA in Religious Studies: Contemplative Religions - Core Faculty
Master of Divinity - Core Faculty
BA in Religious Studies - Core Faculty
PhD, Brandeis University
BA, McGill University
From the heart
One thing I love about Naropa is that our faculty and students are on the journey
of discovery together, which creates a potent crucible for personal transformation.
We are not primarily interested in accumulating conventional data; rather, we are
curious about what is fundamentally real. This makes for a sacred community of explorers,
challenging each other to go beyond the limits of familiar experience.
"Professor of the Year", 2013
- Z. Ish-Shalom, The Kedumah Experience: The Primordial Torah (Albion-Andalus, 2017).
- Z. Ish-Shalom, Radical Death: The Paradoxical Unity of Body, Soul and Cosmos in Lurianic Kabbalah (PhD Dissertation: Brandeis University, 2013)
- Z. Ish-Shalom, John V. Davis and Theodore Usatynski, "The Diamond Approach", in The Wiley-Blackwell
Handbook of Transpersonal Psychology (Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell, 2013)
Founder and Guiding Teacher of The Kedumah Institute (www.kedumah.org), a contemporary spiritual school and training program.
- Foundations of Judaism
- Classical Jewish Mysticism
- Contemplative Judaism
- Religion and Mystical Experience
- Non-Dualism in Theory and Practice
- Theory and Method in the Study of Religion
- Kabbalah and Consciousness