Associate Professor, Religious Studies | Graduate Academic Advisor
MA in Religious Studies: Contemplative Religions - Core Faculty
BA in Yoga Studies - Core Faculty
MA in Religious Studies: Indo-Tibetan Buddhism - Core Faculty
BA in Religious Studies - Core Faculty
Master of Divinity - Core Faculty
PhD, Cultural Anthropology, Stanford University
MA, Stanford University
BA, Yale College
From the heart
I appreciate Naropa's synthesis of contemplative depth with social transformation.
- Fulbright Fellow to Nigeria – Stanford
- Pickens Prize for Scholarly Excellence – Yale
- Best Buddhist Writing 2007–2009
- I teach mindfulness meditation in prisons.
- I taught eight MDiv students from Howard University at Karmê Chöling last summer.
- INTD 301, 490 Gateway, Capstone Special Topics
- TRA 100 Shambhala Meditation Practicum
- REL 645 Graduate Seminar
- REL 323 Religious Experience in Africa
What book do you find yourself regularly pressing into the hands of students?
Presence by Senge, Scharmer,Jaworski, & Flowers