Resources For Victims Of Sexual Misconduct, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, And Stalking
- Naropa University Safety Office: 303-245-4686, or 720-309-8211 in case of emergency. The Naropa University Safety Office can assist victims in connecting to resources, including law enforcement, and work with victims to ensure their ongoing safety.
- Naropa University Counseling Center: 303-245-4630 after hours. Crisis Counselors available to provide immediate support for involved parties. This service is free to Naropa University students, and is considered a confidential resource. Counselors are available for ongoing appointments, for drop-ins and for emergencies. Visiting the Naropa University Counseling Center will not initiate a complaint under this policy.
- Naropa University Residence Life: 303-546-3549, or 720-319-9793 between 7pm-7am If you are a resident of the Snow Lion residence hall community, the Resident Assistants and the Residence Hall Director have training to respond to situations involving sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking. RAs are on duty between 7pm and 7am every night while classes are in session.
- Boulder Police Department 303-441-3300, or 911 in case of emergency: If you need assistance in contacting Boulder Police, the Title IX Coordinator or Dean of Students may assist you. Victims have the right to file a complaint with the University regardless of whether they choose to file criminal charges.
- Moving to End Sexual Assault 303-443-7300 (24-hour hotline): MESA is a Boulder-based resource that works with sexual assault survivors through client services. MESA is the only rape crisis center serving Boulder and Broomfield Counties. MESA provides confidential resources.
- SPAN Shelter and Hotline 303-444-2424 (24-hour hotline): Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN) offers support services for survivors of domestic violence and abuse, including emergency shelter, crisis line support, individual counseling, support groups, legal advocacy, assistance with protection orders, immigration legal clinic, transition housing, and community education. SPAN provides confidential resources.
- Medical Treatment and Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Services: Please note that some SANE providers require criminal charges to be filed to cover the cost of the exam; please clarify that with the provider before receiving an exam.
- Boulder Community Health's Foothills Hospital (provides SANE exams):
Foothills Hospital Emergency Department at 4747 Arapahoe Avenue in Boulder, 303-415-7000
- Boulder Community Hospital (treatment only): 303-444-2620
- Boulder Valley Women's Health (treatment only): 303-442-5160
- St Anthony's North Hospital (Westminster, provides SANE exams): 303-430-2648
- Medical Center of the Rockies (Loveland, provides SANE exams): 970-495-7000
Confidential Support at Naropa
Report to Naropa
Confidential Community Services
Design is a funny word Design is a funny word Design is a funny word
Moving to End Sexual Assault (MESA)
Free, confidential support and information for victims/survivors of sexual assault.
Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN)
Free, confidential support and information for victims/survivors of intimate partner abuse.
Queer Asteriks Therapeutic Services
Nonprofit organization providing queer-informed counseling services, educational trainings, and community programming.
Colorado Crisis Services
Support & counseling for yourself or a loved one.
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program (SANE)
Boulder County Health Foothills Hospital
4747 Arapahoe Avenue, Boulder