How to Apply to Naropa
Start Your Naropa Transfer Application Today
Are you ready to explore college in a different way?
So were the 70% of our undergraduates who came to Naropa as transfer students. Our transfer-friendly, fully accredited university offers small class sizes, a fiercely inclusive campus culture, and a commitment to helping you find your true self. Here, you’ll find connection and belonging without getting lost in the crowd.
If you haven’t yet found a meaningful education that will develop you both personally and professionally, Naropa welcomes you.
Our Transfer Admissions Philosophy
Transfer students follow the same application process and are afforded the same benefits as first-time students. Here’s how to apply to Naropa as a transfer student:
- Fill out Naropa’s short online admissions application and submit your academic transcripts and related documents.
- A complimentary unofficial transfer evaluation determines which course credits you can transfer from your previous institution.
- Expect to hear back from an Admissions Counselor within one week of submitting all required documents. (Please be aware that the wait may be longer, depending on the volume of applications we are processing.)
Have questions? Naropa counselors are here to support you! Email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-772-6951.
We value the time you’ve already put in at your previous academic institutions. Our Transfer Student Guarantee provides financial and advisory aid to all transfer students. All students with 12 or more transferrable post-high school credits and a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher will receive the following aid:
- $5,000 Transfer Scholarship
- A campus visit customized to your needs and interests
- No hidden course fees
- Free transfer evaluation to help you transfer credits
- Pre-registration advising
- Ability to transfer up to 30 credits from career or vocational training
- Ability to transfer up to 75 university credits
- Open admissions for a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Access to housing in Boulder, CO
- RTD bus pass
As an undergraduate transfer student, you’re eligible to transfer up to 75 semester credits to Naropa. Consider our transfer credit policies:
- Coursework must be for-credit, college-level, and completed with a “C” or higher.
- Credits must be earned from regionally accredited colleges and institutions accredited by agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- A maximum of 18 transfer credits can be applied toward most BA major requirements.
- A maximum of 30 technical/vocational credits can be transferred.
- To convert quarter credits into Naropa semester credits, multiply the quarter credit number by 0.67. Naropa does not accept any credit under 0.5.
- A maximum of 30 semester credits may be earned through a combination of the Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) exams.
- We accept College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) and Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) exams. However, life experience does not count as college credit.
- For questions about transferring credit from exams or international coursework, fill out our transfer evaluation or get in touch with a counselor.
Transfer students who apply early have a greater likelihood of being considered for additional financial aid opportunities and hearing back from us more quickly. The Naropa Office of Admissions will continue to review applications until the school year begins or until all open student spots are filled. We do review applications in the order we receive them, so apply today!
Experiential learning is a key element of a Naropa education. As such, many Naropa programs offer practicums or internships that must be completed in order to meet the requirements of your degree. In this case, up-to-date immunizations, background checks, and drug screening may be required prior to student placement. Please note that medical and recreational marijuana is not exempt from drug testing.
By applying for a program at Naropa that includes an internship requirement, you are agreeing to successfully complete and pass background checks and drug screening and to submit current immunization records.
What You'll Find at Naropa
We are a like-minded community of disruptors, deep listeners, and seekers. We welcome new people and perspectives with open arms.
At Naropa, academic rigor goes hand-in-hand with community engagement, self-study, meditation, and experiential learning.
What do you want to do with the knowledge you’ve gained? For many at Naropa, the answer to that question is, “Change the world.” Service and compassionate action are at the core of our mission.
Students with 3.0 GPA or Higher
- 3.0 GPA
- 83+ on the 100-point Grading Scale
- GED 175+ *The GED scoring system has varied over time. Naropa University calculates GPA based on maximum scores from the time the GED was taken.
- Official transcripts and/or GED scores
Students with Less than 3.0 GPA
- Less than 3.0 GPA
- Less than 83+ on the 100-point Grading Scale
- GED 145-174 *The GED scoring system has varied over time. Naropa University calculates GPA based on maximum scores from the time the GED was taken.
- Home school transcript
- Narrative transcript
- Official transcripts and/or GED scores
- Consultation with Admissions
Hear from a Naropa Graduate
“[After trying two different colleges], I came to Naropa. I quickly realized what a magical community I had stepped into. I made some of the best friends of my life and really got to know myself—what makes me come alive, what I’m afraid of, and what limiting narratives I’m telling myself. My education at Naropa has become the foundation for the work that I’m taking into the world.”
—Finn Woelm, Interdisciplinary Studies, 2018