The mission of Naropa University housing is to provide a healthy, sustainable, contemplative and compassionate community where students are supported and holistically engaged. Naropa’s residential educational programming strives to provide academic support through co-curricular activities, creating an intersection between formal instruction, the community, and the world. The residence hall is a place where learning comes alive!
Residence Life Staff
Four staff members live on-site: three resident community advisors (RA) and one residence hall director (RHD). A staff person is "on-duty" and available by 7p.m., seven days a week. Please don't be afraid to use the resources (staff, resources, etc.) we have at Naropa for your well-being and personal growth. We also have a work study and a Graduate Assistant available to answer questions and help you during the day.
Programs are events that are held for students that meet their personal, social and educational needs.
- Develop communities that are safe, supportive and diverse
- Create environments that foster the success of students
- To introduce students to practical skills that will sustain autonomy and interdependence
- Actively support the staff who live and work in university housing
- Foster meaningful campus & civic engagement
- Foster human development and growth through contemplative self-disciplines, goal setting, support and mentorship
- Empower students to reflect and work on understanding how cultural biases, perspectives, and backgrounds affect the way they function in their roles and relationships in community environments
- Offer leadership opportunities to students through Resident Assistant positions
- To help students understand the concept of interdependence & develop an awareness of community living principles