BA in Visual Arts - Adjunct Faculty
MFA, The University of Colorado
BA, Occidental College
From the heart
A constant source of inspiration and learning are the college students of all ages
that I have taught for over 20 years.
- 2014 BFA Award for Excellence in Leadership and Service, University of Colorado
- 2013 Second Place Photo, (collaboration with Preston Newell), Colorado State Fair
View By Date, 2015 Lincoln Gallery Naropa
Articles, Papers and Books (mentioned or quoted in)
- "It's the Pictures that Got Small:" Charles Brackett on Billy Wilder and Hollywood's
Golden Age, Anthony Slide, editor, Columbia University Press, 2014.
- Overweight Sensation: The Life and Comedy of Allan Sherman, Mark Cohen, Brandeis University
Press, 2013, pg 263.
- Butterfly in the Typewriter: The Tragic Life of John Kennedy Toole and the Remarkable
Story of "A Confederacy of Dunces," Cory MacLauchlin, Da Capo Press, 2012.
- The Last Balladeer: The Johnny Hartman Story, Gregg Akkerman, Scarecrow Press, 2012
pgs xi 102, 118.
What book do you find yourself regularly pressing into the hands of students?
The Group of Seven
Have you ever helped a student reach an 'ah ha' or transformational moment?
This happens all the time in art classes, where students learn how to see for the
first time. Their faces light up and you know that a light of new understanding just
History of Visual Arts in Boulder, 2016 Exhibition