BA in Music - Adjunct Faculty
BA in Yoga Studies - Adjunct Faculty
BA Anthropology, UWashington
MA Ethnomusicology, UHawaii
Meditation & Devotional Service with Osho
From the heart
Every new class at Naropa is a revelation: who shows up, what they bring, what they
are willing to learn, how they are willling to work on the songs, scales, ragas and
most of all themselves. Music of India has always been a contemplative study and
Naropa provides an environment to explore this study in unique and creative ways.
- East-West Center Grant including all MA expenses and a 6-month field grant in India
- MA Meditation, Rajneesh International University 1984
- DIE O YOGI DIE my translation of Osho's Hindi discourses on Gorakhnath songs, 2004.
- Naropa Community Kirtans (ecstatic chanting and raga melodies) with students each
month during both semesters 2007 to present.
- Writing RAGAS IN HARMONIC UNITY: 12 PERFECT THIRDS
- Translating 500 Urdu couplets, that Osho called MULLA NASRUDDIN'S BOOK OF POETRY,
- TRA114 Indian Devotional and Raga Singing
- Private Lessons: Indian Singing, Bamboo Flutes
What book do you find yourself regularly pressing into the hands of students?
- The Smell of Rain on Dust: Grief and Praise by Martin Prechtel
- Nature and the Human Soul by Bill Plotkin
- The Universe Story by Brian Swimme and Thomas Berry
Designing for TRA Indian Devotional and Raga Singing II and for MUS an Ensemble course
in Indian Music - whether I ever teach them or not...