How To Apply for Aid: International Students

Step 1: Apply for Financial Aid

  • International students should complete the Financial Aid Application for international students by March 1st
  • Students must apply for financial aid each academic year

Step 2: Review your Financial Aid Award

  • You will receive notification via email once you have been awarded with financial aid
  • Review and accept/decline your aid award online through myNaropa
  • Be sure to review the Financial Aid Checklist to complete all necessary steps in order to fully accept your financial aid

Step 3: Your Aid will Disburse

  • A tuition bill will be created once you have registered for classes
  • Once you have completed the financial aid process, your aid will be applied to your tuition bill

Forms of Aid Available to International Students

Amount of Aid to Expect

  • International students should not expect more than $3,000-$10,000 of financial aid per academic year--half of this may be in the form of student employment
  • Student employment is an opportunity to work on campus and earn a semi-monthly paycheck
  • Student employment earnings are not applied to your tuition charges
  • International students should also explore educational funding opportunities with their country of origin

International Scholarship Search Engines

Information for International Students

Canadian Student Loan Program

Residents of Canada may apply for educational loans through this program. Applications are available through the Canadian provincial governments.

Human Resources and Social Development Canada

Alberta Learning Information Services

British Columbia
British Columbia Student Loan Service Bureau

Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Department of Education

Yukon Government Department of Education

Students from Latin American and Caribbean Countries

The Organization of American States, through the Rowe Foundation, offer interest-free loans to competent students from Latin American and Caribbean countries to help them finance their graduate, postgraduate, and final two years of undergraduate studies at accredited universities within the United States. For more information go to