How To Apply for Graduate Financial Aid
Step 1: Apply for Financial Aid
- U.S. Citizens and eligible non-citizens, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1st
- If you're required to file a federal tax return, you must complete your taxes before completing the FAFSA. Students/parents are encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when completing the FAFSA
- List Naropa's six digit school code (014652) on your application
Step 2: Review your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- After submitting your FAFSA, the Central Processor will send you a Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Review your SAR for accuracy. Make any necessary corrections to your FAFSA online.
- Be sure to re-sign and re-submit your FAFSA if any corrections are made
- If you do not receive a SAR, contact the US Department of Education at 1-800-433-3243
Verification for Federal Student Aid
- The U.S. Department of Education may select your application for "verification."
- You will receive notification on your SAR if you have been selected for verification (we will also notify you via email).
- Students who are selected for verification must complete a Verification Worksheet and provide the requested information
- To provide tax information, students/parents can utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA or request a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS. Instructions on how to order an IRS Return Tax Transcript appear on the Verification Worksheet. We cannot accept copies of Federal Income Tax Returns.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office if you are unable to utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Tool or obtain a Tax Return Transcript
- We're required to verify the information that appears on your FAFSA with your tax information, as well as the information that appears on your Verification Worksheet
- We'll make any necessary corrections to your FAFSA once we receive your verification materials
We cannot award you with financial aid until the verification process is complete. Please submit the required documents as soon as possible.
Step 3: Review your Financial Aid Award
- You will receive notification via email once you have been awarded with financial aid
- Review and accept/decline your aid award online through MyNaropa
- Be sure to review the Financial Aid Checklist to complete all necessary steps in order to fully accept your financial aid
Step 4: Sign Up for Direct Deposit
- Students who are eligible for a financial aid refund can elect to have their refund direct deposited into a checking account
- To sign up, login to your MyNaropa account and complete the Electronic Refund Enrollment form in the Billing and Payments section
Step 5: Your Aid will Disburse
- A tuition bill will be created once you have registered for classes
- Once you have completed the financial aid process, your aid will be applied to your tuition bill
- If the amount of aid that is disbursed exceeds the amount of your tuition bill, a financial aid refund will be available
- Financial aid refunds are available as early as the first day of classes each semester
- For students who have not pre-registered for courses, refunds will be available as early as Thursday on the second week of classes (after 4pm)