Graduate Assistantships are a form of employment with Naropa University in which graduate students have the opportunity to work within their field and receive a scholarship, applied directly to their tuition bill. The type of GA positions available may be administrative, instructive, or research-oriented.
The list of Graduate Assistantship position for the 2013-14 academic year are detailed below.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Students are required to apply for GA positions through ApplicantOne?Naropa?s online employment application
- A link to Naropa?s online employment application is included in each GA position description
- Students may apply for up to three positions
- Students applying for more than one GA position will need to submit a separate employment application for each position they apply for
- Be sure to attach any required documents to your online application (i.e. resume)
- Students will be notified via email if they have been selected for a GA position.
FINANCIAL AID REQUIREMENTS:
- Students must be admitted into a degree program and have a complete financial aid application on file (FAFSA or International Financial Aid Application) based on a completed tax return for the appropriate calendar year
- Students must be enrolled in at least six credit hours during any semester they may hold a GA position
- Receiving more than one institutional scholarship (including a GA scholarship) could affect your eligibility for, or the amounts of, other forms of aid, including scholarship awards
- If you are awarded a GA scholarship and you have already requested the maximum in the Grad PLUS Loan, we will need to reduce the Grad PLUS loan to make room for the GA scholarship
- Students must sign a GA Agreement and complete Naropa?s new-hire process before their GA scholarship will be applied to their tuition bill.
Students who are selected for a GA position will receive a GA scholarship that will be applied directly to their tuition bill. GA scholarship award amounts are based on the number of required hours of work each week.
- 10hrs/week: $7,000/academic year
- 7hrs/week: $5,250/academic year
- 5hrs/week: $3,500/academic year