Alumni Career Services
Career Services for Alumni
Naropa University supports your professional journey after you leave Naropa.
We are here to help you:
- Explore your interests, values, skills and talents
- Identify potential academic and career paths
- Identify and engage in service and volunteer opportunities
- Develop internship and job search strategies
- Plan your graduate school or other educational application process
- Learn to write effective cover letters and resumes
- Prepare for the interview process
- Effectively navigate a significant career transition, at any age!
Alumni are eligible for career counseling and coaching services, for either free, or a nominal fee, which include:
- one-on-one career counseling and coaching appointments, by phone or in person
- career-related assessments, such as (but not limited to):
- professional strengths, with StrengthsQuest
- character strengths, with VIA (Values in Action)
- interests, with the Strong Interest Inventory
- values, with a Values Card Sort
- career and networking fairs (visit the Career and Community Engagement Center for
more information or contact sstewardAT_naropa.edu)
- Private Practice Symposium, free and open to all Naropa students and alumni. RSVP required. Saturday, February 28, 2015, 10 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Naropa's Paramita Campus, 3285 30th Street, Boulder, CO 80309. Learn more and RSVP.
- Careers for a Cause Meet & Greet, free and open to all students and alumni of Naropa University and University of Colorado - Boulder. Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. Naropa's Arapahoe Campus, 2nd Floor Wulsin Hall, 2130 Arapahoe Avenue, Boulder, CO 80302. RSVP information coming soon!
- All-Colorado Alumni Career Fair, save the date for June 18, 2015. More information coming soon!
- professional development and career-related workshops (visit Alumni Events for more information)
- Career Workshop: Clarifying your Career Intentions, Monday, February 23, 2015, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. Naropa University, Arapahoe Campus, 2130 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder, CO 80302. Advance registration required; space is limited to 12 participants. Learn more and RSVP.
- support and assistance with processes related to transitioning into the professional field of counseling. Contact the Graduate School of Psychology's Credentialing Coordinator, Claire Chang, for more information (please include your name, program, and year of graduation).
To explore an one-on-one appointment and/or assessments, please contact Sarah Steward, Career and Community Engagement Center at sstewardAT_naropa.edu or 303-245-4863 or Melissa Holland, Director of Alumni Relations, at nualumniAT_naropa.edu or 303-546-3597.
See the print resources below to help with your job search:
View past Tech Talks here.
Recruiting at Naropa
Career Services also serves as the principal point of contact for recruiters (e.g. employers, graduate and professional schools), recruiting Naropa students and alumni. We offer a variety of recruitment options and services to help you connect with students and alumni. If you are interested in recruiting for internships, jobs, or graduate and professional school, contact Career Services at sstewardAT_naropa.edu.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you whether you are seeking resources, recruiting, or keeping us updated on your latest professional adventure!
Career and Community Engagement Center
Administrative Building in Student Affairs
2130 Arapahoe Avenue