Alumni Career Services
Career Services for Alumni
Naropa University supports your professional journey after you leave Naropa.
We are here to help you:
- Explore your interests, values, skills and talents
- Identify potential academic and career paths
- Identify and engage in service and volunteer opportunities
- Develop internship and job search strategies
- Plan your graduate school or other educational application process
- Learn to write effective cover letters and resumes
- Prepare for the interview process
- Effectively navigate a significant career transition, at any age!
Alumni are eligible for career counseling and coaching services, for either free, or a nominal fee, which include:
- one-on-one career counseling and coaching appointments, by phone or in person
- career-related assessments, such as (but not limited to):
- professional strengths, with StrengthsQuest
- character strengths, with VIA (Values in Action)
- interests, with the Strong Interest Inventory
- values, with a Values Card Sort
- career and networking fairs (visit the Career and Community Engagement Center for
more information or contact sstewardAT_NAROPA)
- Graduate Psychology Internship Fair, TBA for 2014.
- Internship Interviewing Panel, with clinicians from a variety of area agencies, February 5, 2014, Naropa Paramita Campus, Virya Classroom.
- Careers for a Cause Fair, Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. Naropa Arapahoe Campus, PAC.
- All-Colorado Alumni Career Fair, Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 12:30 p.m. - 3 p.m. Denver Marriott Tech Center, 4900 S. Syracuse Street, Denver, CO 80237. Read more and register.
- professional development and career-related workshops (visit Alumni Events for more information)
- support and assistance with processes related to transitioning into the professional field of counseling. Contact the Graduate School of Psychology's Credentialing Coordinator, AT_NAROPA, for more information (please include your name, program, and year of graduation).
To explore an one-on-one appointment and/or assessments, please contact Sarah Steward, Career and Community Engagement Center at sstewardAT_NAROPA or 303-245-4863 or Melissa Holland, Director of Alumni Relations, at nualumniAT_NAROPA or 303-546-3597.
See the print resources below to help with your job search:
View past Tech Talks here.
Recruiting at Naropa
Career Services also serves as the principal point of contact for recruiters (e.g. employers, graduate and professional schools), recruiting Naropa students and alumni. We offer a variety of recruitment options and services to help you connect with students and alumni. If you are interested in recruiting for internships, jobs, or graduate and professional school, contact Career Services at sstewardAT_NAROPA.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you whether you are seeking resources, recruiting, or keeping us updated on your latest professional adventure!
Career and Community Engagement Center
Administrative Building in Student Affairs
2130 Arapahoe Avenue