How to Apply
Naropa seeks graduate students who have a strong appetite for learning and enjoy experiential education in an academic setting. Those interested in engaging in a personally rigorous program within a contemplative community are encouraged to apply.
Priority Deadlines and Dates
Application Priority Deadline
Naropa University uses a rolling admissions policy in order to encourage applicants to apply in a timely manner. All applications received by the priority deadline will be given equal consideration. Applying by the priority deadline also ensures that all application documents reach the Office of Admissions in time, and provides the greatest chance for applicants to be considered for an admissions interview and financial aid eligibility. All applications received after the priority deadline will continue to be reviewed until the school year begins or until programs are full. To ensure fairness, applications received after the priority deadline will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. If you are applying after the priority deadline, please check with the Office of Admissions website to ensure that your program is still accepting applications.
- January 15 for summer semester admission (MA Contemplative Education and MA Transpersonal Psychology: Ecopsychology)
- January 15 for fall semester admission (All programs except MA Contemplative Education and MA Transpersonal Psychology: Ecopsychology)
Please note: all applicants applying to the MFA Writing & Poetics program are encouraged to apply no later than February 1, 2013 for priority consideration. Applications will still be considered after this date.
Update (as of 06/19/2013) - the following programs are now closed:
- MA in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology: Art Therapy
- MA in Somatic Counseling Psychology
- MA in Contemplative Education
- MA in Transpersonal Psychology: Ecopsychology
- MA in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology: Wilderness Therapy
The next chance to apply for these programs will be for Summer 2014 and Fall 2014 enrollment.
Graduate School of Psychology Spring Interview Dates
The Graduate School of Psychology requires an admissions interview as part of its admissions process. Interviews are available by invitation only. In order to be invited to participate, all applicants must have a completed application on file.
The following programs are still accepting applications for Fall 2013:
- MA in Contemplative Psychotherapy
- MA in Environmental Leadership
- Master of Divinity
- MA in Religious Studies
- MA in Religious Studies with Language
- MA in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology: Counseling Psychology
- MFA in Theater: Contemporary Performance
- MFA in Writing & Poetics
Two Ways of Applying
Apply to one of Naropa University's graduate programs in one of the following ways:
- Apply online. This is the preferred method for applying. When you apply online, you will be required to submit the application fee with a Visa or MasterCard. Current students, staff, faculty, and alumni are not required to submit an application fee.
- Print a paper application and send it to our Office of Admissions. You may also request that an application be mailed to you.
All mailed documents (including official transcripts and letters of recommendation) should be sent to the following address:
Office of Admissions
2130 Arapahoe Ave.
Boulder, CO 80302
Toll Free: 800-772-6951
2130 Arapahoe Avenue
Boulder, CO 80302