A Naropa University education isn't just about opening books; it's about opening your heart and spirit to what it means to be human.
This is an education that allows you to ask the "big questions":
- What is your life's purpose?
- How do you create meaning?
- Where can you make the greatest contribution?
Naropa University offers an exciting array of undergraduate degrees that blend academics, the arts, mindfulness, and community engagement into an educational experience that will open you up to a world of possibilities.
Here are some of the elements that make a Naropa education so profound:
- Internationally recognized professors. You will study with faculty who are world-renowned experts in psychology, meditation, religious studies, the environment, and the arts.
- Small, powerful classes. Our student-faculty ratio is 13:1, and our average class size is 15. Our interactive classes encourage questions, discussion, and debate so that you develop strong critical-thinking and oral communication skills.
- Internships and community service. Our Core Curriculum includes a Community Engagement Seminar, and our majors offer internships that help open your eyes to service, careers, and humanity.
- Contemplative education. Experience sitting meditation, yoga, and other contemplative disciplines--practices that will help you approach your studies, and yourself, in greater depth. (Research shows meditation can actually sharpen your brain!)
- Boulder, Colorado. You will be studying in one of Colorado's most progressive, beautiful cities--a place known for attracting scholars, artists, athletes, and seekers interested in pushing the boundaries of the human experience.
Are you ready to go deeper? Check out our majors!
Naropa University offers undergraduate degrees in compelling areas of study that will increase your self-awareness and prepare you to transform the future:
- BA Contemplative Psychology - Deepen your self-understanding and discover the courage and wisdom to genuinely help others
- BA Early Childhood Education - Observe diverse teaching styles and practice as an apprentice to experienced preschool teachers
- BA Environmental Studies - Develop the knowledge and skills to address complex environmental issues
- BA Interdisciplinary Studies - Combine two or three disciplines offered at Naropa for a custom degree
- BA Music - Study technical skills and enjoy the creative freedom to make the music that is most meaningful to you
- BA Peace Studies - Understand the political and cultural forces behind conflict and discover how to build peace on the community or global stage
- BA Religious Studies - Take a comparative look at contemporary religions while also exploring their contemplative aspects
- BA Traditional Eastern Arts - Develop clarity of mind and build expertise through concentrations in Aikido, T'ai Chi Ch'uan, or Yoga Teacher Training
- BA Visual Arts - Develop drawing, painting, sculpture, pottery, photography, and other visual arts skills through academic classes and studio practice
- BA Writing & Literature - Learn to read critically and write fearlessly within the Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics
- BFA Performance - Experience interdisciplinary training in dance, acting, and vocal work
At Naropa University, you may emphasize study in a particular area of interest outside of your major. Undergraduates may pursue minors in these areas of study:
- Contemplative Education
- Contemplative Psychology
- Early Childhood Education
- Ecology and Systems Science
- Environmental History and Justice
- Environmental Sustainability
- Gender and Women's Studies
- Peace Studies
- Religious Studies
- Sacred Ecology
- Traditional Eastern Arts
- Visual Arts
- Writing & Literature
Toll Free: 800-772-6951
2130 Arapahoe Avenue
Boulder, CO 80302