Contemplative Psychology—Bachelor of Arts
The Contemplative Psychology bachelor's degree trains you to deepen your self-understanding and discover the courage and wisdom to genuinely help others.
Contemplative Psychology combines a traditional liberal arts approach with training in moment-to-moment mindfulness, awareness, and compassion.
Contemplative Psychology will prepare you for any occupation requiring skill and subtlety in interpersonal relationships, particularly those in the helping professions.
Contemplative Psychology Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- Intellectual mastery through the academic study of Eastern and Western psychological principles
- Intuitive insight through the practices of meditation, healing arts, and experiential learning
- Participation in leading-edge mindfulness and mediation research with the Naropa Consciousness Laboratory
- Self-acceptance and compassionate relationship with others through the deepening integration of study and practice
Minor: Naropa University offers the option of obtaining a minor in Contemplative Psychology.
Certificate: Naropa University offers the option of obtaining a certificate in Contemplative Psychology.
Duration: The Contemplative Psychology degree program is 37-credit major combining the study of core requirements (28 hours) and another area of concentration (9 hours).
Concentrations: Students will focus in one of four areas of concentration:
- Somatic Psychology
- Psychology of Health and Healing
- Transpersonal and Humanistic Psychology
- Psychological Science
Graduates of Naropa University's Contemplative Psychology Program can be found in careers across numerous sectors including the following:
- Alternative healthcare
- Case management
- Business administration and organizational leadership
- Non-profit and social justice agencies
- Human resources
- Entrepreneurial enterprises
Related Naropa Facilities and Initiatives
The Naropa University Consciousness Laboratory is a world-renowned training and research facility that fosters a contemplative approach to psychological science.
The mission of the Graduate School of Psychology at Naropa University is to offer graduate psychology degree programs that are engaged, embodied, contemplative, and informative.