SPRING 2018 COMMENCEMENT
Saturday, May 12, 2018
Macky Auditorium (on the CU campus)
Graduation Speaker Krista Tippett
Krista Tippett is a Peabody-award winning broadcaster, National Humanities Medalist, and New York Times bestselling author. She founded and leads The On Being Project, hosts the globally esteemed On Being public radio show and podcast, and curates the Civil Conversations Project, an emergent approach to conversation and relationship across the differences of
our age. Krista grew up in a small town in Oklahoma, attended Brown University, became
a journalist and diplomat in Cold War Berlin, and later received a Masters of Divinity
from Yale University. Her books include Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living and Einstein’s God: Conversations about Science and the Human Spirit.
Time and Location
Naropa University’s Spring 2018 Commencement Ceremony will be held in Macky Auditorium (on the University of Colorado at Boulder campus) on Saturday, May 12th at 1pm.
- Graduates are required to be at Macky Auditorium (inside) an hour before starting
time. Doors will open 45 minutes before starting time for guests. The ceremony usually
lasts between 2.5 – 3.0 hours.
- No food or drinks are allowed inside the auditorium, with the exception of water.
You may bring your own water bottle and water fountains are available in the Macky
- The auditorium is a short walk from Naropa University’s Arapahoe Campus, and many
people prefer to walk up the hill to the auditorium. Free parking is available at
Naropa and paid parking is available outside Macky. Get more information on directions and parking.
- No one (other than graduating students) is allowed inside Macky Auditorium without
a ticket. Tickets may be obtained through the Office of Student Affairs; please watch
your Naropa email for information.
- A reception will be held at the Nalanda Events Center immediately following the ceremony