Graduate Assistantships are a form of employment with Naropa University. Students who are selected for an assistantship will receive a scholarship that is applied directly to their tuition bill and a stipend.
The list of Graduate Assistantship for the 2015-16 academic year are detailed below.
How to Apply
- Students are required to apply for GA positions through ADP, Naropa's online employment application - search current opportunities here.
- A link to Naropa's online employment application is included in each GA position description
- Students applying for more than one GA position will need to submit a separate employment application for each position they apply for
- Be sure to attach any required documents to your online application (i.e. resume)
- Students will be notified if they have been selected for a GA position.
- Students can apply for an assistantship if they haven't been accepted into Naropa; however, students must be accepted and have a financial aid application on file (FAFSA or International Aid Application) before we can offer them a GA award
- Students must be enrolled in at least six credit hours during any semester they may hold a GA position
- Returning students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Receiving more than one institutional scholarship (including a GA scholarship) could affect your eligibility for, or the amounts of, other forms of aid, including scholarship awards
- If you are awarded a GA award and you have already requested the maximum in the Grad PLUS Loan, we will need to reduce the Grad PLUS loan to make room for the GA award
Complete the New Hire Process
- Students who are selected for an assistantship must complete Naropa's new hire process before they can begin working in their position.
- We cannot apply your GA awards to your account until the new hire process is complete
- Students who are selected for an assistantship will receive new hire paperwork in their financial aid award package
- Students who are hired within two years of their last date of employment (i.e. work-study or a GA position) do not need to complete new hire paperwork
GA Scholarship & Stipend
Students who are selected for a GA position will receive a GA scholarship that will be applied directly to their tuition bill, as well as a stipend. GA award amounts are based on the number of required hours of work each week.
- 10hrs/week: $3,000 stipend and $4,000 scholarship for the academic year
- 7.5hrs/week: $2,250 stipend and $3,000 scholarship for the academic year
- 5hrs/week: $1,500 stipend and $2,000 scholarship for the academic year
Director of Human Resources